It used to be that dentists could only repair cavities with unsightly metal fillings., but today our dentists can repair cavities and decay with modern, tooth-colored fillings.
Advantages of white filling over traditional metal fillings:
- Composite fillings are mercury free, which is good news for those interested in long-term health.
- They look great and blend in flawlessly with your teeth.
- Composite fillings require less removal of natural tooth material, allowing for a more conservative restoration.
- Composite fillings actually bind to the inside of your tooth, making it far less likely that they will become dislodged or fall out.
- The resin used in composite fillings does not expand and contract in response to heat the way that the metal in amalgam fillings does. Over time, the minute movements of metal fillings can cause them to become loose or fall out.