Dr. Williams understands that some patients are apprehensive when they go to the dentist, and for them going to the dentist is a lot more difficult. If you have ever avoided getting much needed dental care out of fear or anxiety, or if the thought of going to the dentist makes you anxious or nervous, sedation dentistry could be for you.
You may want to consider sedation dentistry for the following:
- Involved and complicated dental treatments that normally take several visits can be completed in as little as one.
- People with stressful lifestyles, high anxiety and busy schedules can complete treatment comfortably in less visits.
- Bad gag reflex.
- Aversion to dental sounds and smells.
- Resistance to anesthetics.
- Past bad dental experience.
- Fear of needles and drills.